Registering to Vote
Voter Registration Information
To register to vote you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a legal resident of the county
- Be at least 17.5 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote
- Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
Places to Register
- You may register to vote by visiting the Houston County Board of Election Office, the Public Library, the Public Assistance Office, the Recruitment Office, schools, and the City of Warner Robins Voter Registration Office.
- Registration is offered when you renew or apply for your driver's license at the Department of Motor Vehicle safety driver's license posts.
- College students can obtain Georgia voter registration forms, or the necessary forms to register in any state in the United States from their schools registrar's office, or from the office of the vice president of academic affairs.
- Register Online: www.mvp.sos.ga.gov.
Change of Residence
- Voters are required to notify the board of registrars of their county of residence whenever they move.
- If you move within the same county in which you are registered to vote and don't notify the registrar at least 30 days prior to an election, you may vote in your old polling place for that election. You must file a notice of your new address. This can be done by writing to Houston County Board of Elections or by submitting a new voter registration application at any of the locations mentioned above.
- If you move outside the county in which you are registered to vote within 30 days of an election, you may vote in your old precinct for that election.
- If you move outside the county in which you are registered to vote in excess of 30 days prior to an election, you have lost your eligibility to vote in the county of your old residence. You must register to vote in your new county of residence. You will be assigned a new voting precinct and polling location. Remember: if you don't register to vote by the deadline you cannot vote in that particular election.